The Purpose

by Mike on January 4, 2011

A couple of weekends ago the purpose of this project came to life through big smiles and loving hugs. I met three of my great aunts and my great uncle who I had never met before and if I had I was too young to remember. This project started so that Zack and I could tell an incredible story and now an incredible story is developing as we learn more about it.

Every new experience during this journey has made me say to myself, “Wow! This is bigger than I thought.” I am learning so much about my family and with every new person I meet, the pieces of this genealogy puzzle fall into place.

Zack and I were welcomed so nicely to Florida and it has given us that jolt of inspiration we need every few weeks to help us continue you on full steam ahead.

Its a crazy thought that a exactly one year ago we came up with this idea to go to Europe to research for the feature film script we want to write and now we are knee deep in producing a full-length documentary. Our purpose for this project was to inspire others to find out where they came from and meet family members they hadn’t before. A couple of weeks ago I did exactly that.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Fely Tenenbaum January 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Hi Michael, the above is very touching and exciting – as have been all your wonderful up-dates. As we say here, “Col Hacavod”; I am sure you and your friend Zack have been creating a very important research and have no doubt that your documentary will be a beautiful one to watch.
Good luck, Fely

Elizabeth Marcus January 5, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Hi Michael, I cannot believe this is happening, something I dreamed of for so many years. Please contact me if I can be of any help. We are so excited and proud that you, my brother’s grandson, will produce a documentary of our beloved Dad’s venture to save the family.. Love you, Aunt Betty

Bernie Kershner January 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm

It was such a great visit with you and Zack at my home with my 3 sisters. Looking forward to the next portion of your information for your
documentary. Geat Uncle Bernie

Aunt Shirley January 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Dear Michael,I have not stopped thinking about our visit and
everything about it, the film, meeting you, Zack our conver-
sations. I want you to know how very much I appreciate all
you have put into this wonderful and exciting documentary.
I will always love you and keep you cloose to my heart for
all this. Love, Aunt Shirley

Aunt Helene January 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Mike and Zach,

I am really glad you touched base with Grandpa’s sisters and brother in Florida. I am sure Uncle Bruce is grinning down from some tree someplace enjoying sharing your adventure.

Mike January 10, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Meeting all of you in Florida is all I could have asked to happen from this project and I am so happy I could even bring a little bit of joy to all of you. You can be assured that Zack and I will do our best to tell this amazing story to the world.